Total Pageviews

Sunday, 11 September 2011

Positive procrastination

Procrastination:

procrastinate: postpone doing what one should be doing

Procrastinating is a constant distraction from sitting down to do my planning. I like nothing more than finding excuses to avoid actually sitting down at my computer and doing the inevitable paper work required by the establishment.

Favourite activities include checking Facebook, writing a blog, checking my blog statistics, checking Facebook again (nothing is new), looking on eBay for stuff I can't afford and don't need, checking Facebook again, clicking through the holiday photographs of somebody I last spoke to in 1996 and then going to make a cup of coffee because once I have done that I will start my work.....

I think procrastinating is part of everyday life so trying to make it a positive activity is a new target of mine. I want to channel this energy into sensible activities. My main ideas centre around doing more tidying up and more exercise. I think if I can trick my body into thinking I am avoiding doing work I may be on to a winner.

If you suddenly see an steep increase / decrease in blogging take it as a bad sign as I have either given up totally on the new plan or, probably more likely, I will have started procrastinating my anti procrastination tasks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment